Licensing a standalone ESXi host
- To license a standalone ESXi 5.x (vSphere Hypervisor):
- Log in to the ESXi host using vSphere Client.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Click Licensed Features under Software.
- Click Edit under Licensed Features.
- Select Assign a new license key to this host.
- Press Enter and enter the License Key.
- Click OK.
Ta-da! I know it’s not rocket science, but it might just get annoying trying to find this location.
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=2014295#Licensing a standalone ESXi host