Moving a Database or Log File:
- Restart the domain controller.
- Press F8 at the Startup menu, and then click Directory Services Restore Mode.
- Select the appropriate installation if more than one exists, and then log on as an administrator at the logon prompt.
- Start a command prompt, and then type ntdsutil.exe.NOTE: To get a list of commands that you can use at the Ntdsutil prompt, type ?.
- At a Ntdsutil prompt, type files.
- At the File Maintenance prompt, use one or both of the following procedures:
- To move a database, type move db to %s, where %s is the drive and folder where you want the database moved.
- To move log files, type move logs to %s, where %s is the drive and folder where you want the log files moved.
- To view the log files or database, type info. To verify the integrity of the database at its new location, type integrity.
- Type quit, and then type quit to return to a command prompt.
- Restart the computer in Normal mode.
NOTE: When you move the database and log files, you must back up the domain controller.
If you do not press F8 in time to select the installation method:
- Log on as an administrator, double-click System in Control Panel, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Click Startup and Recovery, and then verify that the Display list of operating systems for XX seconds check box is selected.
- Restart the domain controller, and then press F8.